Saturday, April 19, 2008

Prom Pictures




A good lesson in life is to be flexible and take life as it comes. Luckily, I began learning this years ago because none of my shoots this weekend went as planned. I had 3 scheduled, but 2 rescheduled and the other didn't go quite as I thought it should. I took pictures of a high school couple for their prom today and feel they turned out well. However, in this case a better background would have made a world of difference, but it was one of those situations that I had to work with what I was given.


Daniella is a beautiful girl, inside and out, that I have had the pleasure of meeting. A couple of years ago my children fell in love with her when, as her highschool's maskot, she was dressed up in a Razorback costume . She also helped me once with my kids when I had the flu and was too sick to care for them. They get excited each time they see her and I love the look of delight on her face when she sees them. I enjoyed taking her prom pictures today. She was gorgeous in her beautiful orange dress and her date, Dominique was so handsome in his tux. They are a beautiful and photogenic couple.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am Daniella's mom, and I want to say that even though Ashley had GREAT ideas about where to take pictures, she is right things didn't go the way her and I wanted them to...but dispite it all...I could not be more pleased with the photos she took. She captured facial expressions and personality in these photos that I see daily, that bring so much life to these picutes.

Ashley has a wonderful personality and it shows in these pictures. She made Daniella fell comfortable with her from the moment she walked into my house.

Words could never express the gratitude that I will always have for Ashley (and her family) for capturing moments that will last me a life time.

Unknown said...

From the moment I walked into "The Bailey's" home and saw all of the wonderful pictures on the wall...of their childern.... I honestly thought that they were some type of postcard picture.
They were some of the cutest pictures that i've ever seen.

On prom night i was really nervous, but Mrs. Ashely had a way of making me feel better.. whether it was from putting on my lotion to telling me how pretty i was... i really enjoyed her being their for me....

I really enjoy being with her three wonderful childern. They are full of so much energy and excitment that everytime I see them I get excited. They make me laugh and smile and I love the look on their cute little faces when they see me.


She doesn't know this yet but my mother and I were just talking about asking her to take my Senior pictures also.

I want to thank Mrs. Ashley for all the hard work starting from Friday evening thru Saturday. You did a wonderful job and i cant wait for another chance to be in front of your camera again.

I also want to thank Mr. Bailey for sending out the email of some of my picture to the teachers, showing how great of a job his wife did on our prom pictures.

I hope that the use of my pictures brings more business.

Love,
Daniella